As a non-profit organization with a very public mission, FLG relies on the support and participation of everyone who lives, vacations or enjoys spending time on Lake Glenville. If you're just learning about us, or looking for reasons to become a Member, Sponsor, or Donor, we've compiled the Top 10 reasons.
1. We are Guardians of the Lake: FLG’s mission to "Preserve and Protect” is vitally important and is carried out by frequent testing of our feeder streams as well as the lake itself. We alert the appropriate agencies when we detect a problem.
2. We are Your Voice: FLG maintains healthy relationships with local, county and state offices that impact Lake Glenville.
3. We Protect Your Investment: FLG safeguards your property value through our role of preserving and protecting the lake. If the lake suffers, our property values suffer too.
4. We are Community Liaisons: FLG provides a communication link between Duke Energy and owners around the lake. We are on top of regulations and Duke’s plans for lake levels, recreation, shore management, etc.
5. We are Fishermen & Women: FLG strives to enhance our anglers' opportunities, installing fish attractors and stocking the lake with fish.
6. We are Stewards: During our annual lake clean-up program, FLG volunteers patrol and pick up winter debris and manage to have fun too. Join us this year!
7. We are Friends: We love to get together over breakfast, cocktails and our summer social to meet and get to know our lake neighbors.
8. We are Educators: Friends of Lake Glenville conducts a boating safety program with special emphasis on new and young boaters.
9. We are Social: Get the latest news on our new and greatly improved website where you can also connect with friends and share interest groups or clubs. And don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook. We invite you to send us pictures to post and other items of interest about the lake.
10. Fireworks, Fireworks, Fireworks! Everyone LOVES our July 4th display, but they are not free. We are the major sponsor of this awesome annual event. Let’s keep ‘em lit! Without your membership and donations this will not be possible.